By Joe Rich
Table of Contents
What Is the Most Expensive RC Car in the World?
The world of remote control RC cars is diverse, with models ranging from affordable beginners’ toys to high-end vehicles that can cost more than some real cars. This article will delve into the most expensive RC car in the world, exploring the renowned manufacturers, key features, and what sets these high end models apart.
Renowned Manufacturers of High-End RC Cars
Several manufacturers specialize in high-end RC cars. Some of the most renowned include Traxxas, Arrma, Team Associated, Losi, Axial, Redcat Racing, HPI Racing, Kyosho, and Tamiya.
We have a article about Redcat Racing click here to read.
Key Features of high end RC Cars
High-end RC cars distinguish themselves through superior speed, build quality, design, and advanced features. They often boast powerful motors, high-capacity batteries, durable materials, and innovative technology for optimal performance and handling.
Four of the Top-Tier RC Car Brands
Traxxas: Known for its high-speed RC cars, Traxxas offers models like the XO-1, which reaches over 100 mph.
Kyosho: A pioneer in the industry, Kyosho has a rich history of creating innovative and high-quality RC cars, including the first-ever off-road buggy.
Tamiya: One of the leading manufacturers of plastic model kits, Tamiya has been manufacturing RC cars since 1976.
Team Losi: Team Losi is one of the biggest names in the radio-controlled car world, offering an extensive range of high-quality products.
The Most Expensive RC Car in the World
The most expensive RC car in the world is the Vision Mercedes Maybach 6 from RC Custom Lab, priced at a whopping $5,000. This RC car stands out due to its exquisite craftsmanship, attention to detail, and high-quality materials.
This car is a 1:6 scale replica of the real-life Vision Mercedes Maybach 6, a luxury electric car concept presented by Mercedes-Benz. It boasts impressive features such as an all-wheel-drive system, fully functional lights, and a detailed interior.
While there are many high-end RC cars on the market, the Vision Mercedes Maybach 6 takes the crown as the most expensive due to its unparalleled craftsmanship, luxury features, and the prestige associated with the Mercedes-Maybach brand. It’s a testament to how far RC car technology has come and a dream acquisition for any serious RC car enthusiast.
Mercedes Maybach 6
This is definitely not something that you would consider an RC car but it is remote controlled all the same.
This massive 18-foot vehicle provides all of the exquisite luxury that comes with the Mercedes name while allowing remote control functionality.
Different from the Tesla where the car operates without the need of the driver (though the driver remains in the seat), the Maybach 6 allows for complete remote control automation that enables the car to maneuver through any space complete with the angle of the steering.
As it is a prototype, there is no sticker price associated but given the fact that it is a Mercedes Maybach that is remote controlled, it will certainly be more than the $198,000 price tag that the 2018 Maybach model costs.
More Common (But Still Expensive) RC Cars
Though there are no true RC cars out there that can match the price of the full-sized Maybach, don’t be fooled.
There are some really expensive options out there.
But understanding which ones carry those price tags and why can help you understand the very high end of RC cars.
The Freefly Tero is perhaps the most expensive RC car out there and it is also one of the most different as well.
It carries a $5500 price tag with it, making it perhaps the most expensive RC car there is.
And there’s a major difference between the Tero and most other RC cars; whereas the others are made for racing, the Tero is made to be used with camera equipment.
The Tero allows for camera angles unlike ever before. This is due to well-engineered tires, a chassis, and an electric engine.
For amateur filmmakers who want to get some great low-level action shots, the Tero makes for a fantastic option.
There are more niche options too.
Take the Mad Max 2 Road Warrior Interceptor. Inspired by the film of its namesake, this car will run you over $1000.
This means that it’s not something that you want to go running around your backyard with.
And while there are quite a few other famous models out there that have been copied, the Mad Max 2 might be the priciest of the bunch.
There are also cars out there that mimic and copy many real-life car models out there.
From the Nissan 350z to the Toyota Hilux, there are a variety of different real-life car models out there that come equipped with the tiniest of details.
Maybe you can’t afford to get the real thing but the RC car will come equipped with the same designs shrunk down.
This allows you to get the kind of experience that you would have out of the regular-sized thing.
It is not uncommon for these miniature copies to cost well over $1000, making them a serious investment for RC enthusiasts out there.
They also offer full customization, meaning that you can get the precise performance out of these RC cars that you desire.
We have a article about the top 25 RC cars you can buy today click here to read.
Top 5 High-End Remote-Controlled RC Cars
- Now includes a DX3 Transmitter
- Radio Tray designed for use with single or dual steering servos
- Electric Chassis specific chassis braces for increased durability and strength
- Gearboxes updated for improved drivetrain strength and stability
- Steering Rack with helical servo saver design
- Traxxas 77086-4 – X-Maxx 1/6 4WD Monster Truck RTR, Orange
- Features: Traxxas Stability Management(TSM): Superior tuning algorithms run on high speed electronic components to control wheel spin and steering direction on loose dirt, concrete and even ice and snow. TSM can be fine- tuned or turned off by adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter or the slider in the Traxxas Link app Chassis: Composite nylon tub, modular design provides easy access to critical components, lower front and rear skids and integrated nerf bars for fron
- Includes: RTR X-Maxx 8s Truck Brushless Motor Radio ESC OrangeX Painted Body Quick Start Guide Maintenance Tools
- Specs: Length: 29.84” (758mm) Front Track: 22.26” (540mm) Rear Track: 22:66” (525mm) distance from outer edges of wheels measured side to side Ground Clearance: 4” (102mm) Weight: 19.1 lbs. (8,66kgs) Ride Height: 13.79” (350mm) Wheelbase: 18.92” (480mm) Shock Length: 7.4” (187mm) Battery Tray Dimensions: 7.7x2x1.7” (197×51.5x44mm) Body Dimensions: Length: 27.7” (705mm) Width: 9.2” (234mm) behind front wheels, narrowest point Height:
- Part number(s) included (in factory packaging): 77086-4
- SUPERIOR RC TRUCK: ast and tough, it can reach 80+ MPH speeds out of the box over on-road, dirt and oval tracks
- DURABLE DESIGN: The 6061-T6 anodized aluminum chassis houses a heavy-duty drivetrain with steel driveshafts plus all-metal diff outdrives and gearbox internals. Its toughness is reinforced with a center chassis brace.
- FEATURES: Spektrum Firma 150A Smart ESC and dBoots Hoons all-road tires
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Spektrum 3-Channel DX3 2.4GHz DSMR radio and SR6110AT Receiver with AVC (Active Vehicle Control)
- READY-TO-RUN: Just add your choice of batteries and charger and go!
Traxxas XO-1 AWD Supercar
Priced at approximately $1,100, the Traxxas XO-1 is one of the most expensive RC cars available on Amazon. This car is known for its extreme speed, capable of reaching over 100 mph. It features a Castle Creations Mamba Monster Extreme Speed Control motor and a TQi 2.4GHz Radio with TSM receiver. The build quality is exceptional, with a rigid chassis design and aerodynamic styling. This model also includes telemetry sensors to provide real-time data on speed, RPM, temperature, and voltage.
To view the Traxxas XO-1 on the Traxxas website click here.
Losi 5IVE-T 2.0 BND
The Losi 5IVE-T 2.0 BND is priced at roughly $1,400 and is one of the most premium RC cars. It has a powerful Zenoah G320 32cc engine and Spektrum SR6000T telemetry receiver for impressive performance and control. The car features an AVC (Active Vehicle Control) system that adjusts the driving characteristics based on conditions. Additionally, the Losi 5IVE-T 2.0 BND boasts a 4WD drivetrain and durable construction with a reinforced chassis and shock-absorbing suspension system.
To view the Losi 5ive on the Losi website click here.
For RC car enthusiasts with a large budget, the Traxxas XO-1 AWD Supercar is the recommended choice. Its extreme speed, advanced features, and high-quality build make it stand out among other high-end RC cars. The real-time telemetry data provides an immersive experience, allowing users to monitor various aspects of the car’s performance.