By Joe Rich
Tenergy TB6-B Balance charger discharger review
Before I start this review I want to talk about battery safety this is very important and should not in any circumstances be overlooked.
Before charging always inspect batteries for damage to the wires and the protective outer casing. Check for swelling of the battery pack.
DO NOT CHARGE if any of these faults are found.
Dispose of your batteries responsibly by taking them for recycling and do not throw them in the regular rubbish bins.
For LiPo batteries consider purchasing a charge safety bag.
Click here to view safety bags on Amazon.
Tenergy TB6-B balance charger and discharger.
This multi functional battery charger from Tenergy is one of the highest selling on the market because it can charge a large number of different batteries. You no longer need to go to the expense of buying more than one charger.
This charger comes with the octopus multi charging harness it has connectors for the following.
- Mini Tamiya.
- J S T.
- E C 3
This charger is also compatible with multiple battery packs and there varying chemistry.
Batteries compatible are.
- NiMH – Nickel metal hydride.
- NiCd – Nicel Cadmium.
- LiPo – Lithium Polymer.
- Li-ion – Lithium Ion.
- LiFePO4 – Lithium Iron Phosphate.
- SLA – Sealed Lead Acid.
The TB6-B functions will make charging your batteries easy.
Here are some other great features.
Cyclic charging and discharging.
Performs 1 – 5 cycles to refresh and balance the battery continually.
Fast and storage charging.
You can select either fast charging or the most efficient voltage for storing the battery depending on your requirements.
Data storage and load.
Store settings for up to 5 different batteries so you do not have to keep setting up everything every time you want to charge.
- Operating voltage:-DC: 11~18 volts-AC: 100~240V, 50/60Hz (AC Adapter)
- Charge/discharge power:max. 50/5 WattsPb: 2~20V
- Charge current: 0.1 to 5.0A
- Discharge current: 0.1 to 1.0A
- No. of cycles: 1 to 5 times
- Battery data memory: up to 5 data
- Weight: 246g
- Dimensions: 130 x 85 x 33 mm
Set up parameters
Battery voltage type:
- Li-ion: 3.6V
- LiPO: 3.7V
- LiFePO4: 3.2V
- Delta-peak voltage sensitivity: 1 to 20mV
- Battery temperature cut-off: 20 to 80C or OFF
- Integral timer limit for safety: 10 to 720 min.or OFF
- Maximum charging capacity limit for safety: 10 to 9990mAh or OFF
- Key beep and buzzer sound: ON/OFF
- Input DC power low alert: 10 to 11V
All in all a good value popular charger for a good price.
Click here to view our recommended batteries and chargers